Saturday, October 11, 2014

For The Money, Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect Conditioner Might Be One Of The Best!


The Good: Awesome conditioning power, Does all that it promises.
The Bad: Expensive! No recognizable scent.
The Basics: A great conditioner, Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect works perfectly in conjunction with the new shampoo by the same name!


When my wife recently picked up Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect shampoo (reviewed here!), she also picked up the accompanying conditioner. It is hard to consider a conditioner on its own sometimes, but the Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect conditioner truly is exceptional. Perhaps as important, this conditioner does exactly what it promised (even on its own) and since starting to use it, I’ve had no split ends and my hair has been more manageable. While the shampoo cleans my hair, the conditioner seems to do the lion’s share of the work of actually repairing and preventing damage from usually dry hair.

Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect conditioner was an extraordinary conditioner, taking my dried split ends and instantly moisturizing them for an appearance that was glossy, bouncy and light. My hair was more manageable after the first week of daily use. After the first time I used the Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect Conditioner, the brush did not make any of the hair stand up or go in directions I did not want. In fact, after the shampoo cleaned the hair, the conditioner made it healthy-looking and lighter without weighing it down. In fact, there appeared to be no residues in my hair that made the hair more manageable, but it revitalized the dry portions of my hair beautifully!

I tend to like conditioners that both condition and leave hair smelling good. The Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect conditioner did the former well. This has no actual scent to it, unlike the medicinal or chemical scent from the shampoo. After my first use of the shampoo and conditioner, my hair was perfectly cleaned and smelled clean, was more manageable and bouncy and bore a neutral smell of hair. The Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect conditioner made my hair looked better instantly. The result was so noticeable that my wife observed it after the third use. I tend to have hair that gets dry quickly when overwashed, so because I have to wash my hair daily from my current job, I was in danger of getting seriously dried out hair with split ends. The Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect conditioner has prevented my hair from getting dry or split ends again.

With a cost of approximately $4.99 for a 12.6 oz. bottle, Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect is comparatively expensive. The bottle is smooth and is more flat than round. When wet, it slips out of the hands easily. The cap has a flip-top that makes it very easy to get the conditioner out with only one hand. As well, the large cap makes it even easier, though because the hole is still fairly small, there is no waste from the bottle.

There is really no scent to the Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect. Even in concert with the Repair & Protect Shampoo, there is no scent left on the hair after the conditioner is washed out. I have discovered I enjoy conditioners that trigger a scent memory and the lack of a scent to this conditioner triggers nothing.

Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect is a white, opaque conditioner that is creamy and smooth. It has a nonwatery consistency and while it is not especially thick, it does not need to be watered down to get the most out of the product.

Like most conditioners, there is nothing mysterious to using this product. You wet your hair, or simply have it wet after rinsing out the last of your shampoo, and work the conditioner into the hair and rinse. I cannot use more than a quarter-sized dollop of Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect on my hair without it getting overconditioned. Using too much does not make my hair look or feel greasy, but it did make my hair super-wavy and virtually unmanageable because my hair is too moisturized and bouncy. But with only a quarter-sized blob of conditioner, my hair comes out perfectly conditioned.

This conditioner rinses out very easily. When I am in a hurry and have to wash and condition my hair with speed, the Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect conditioner rinses out quickly and leaves my hair quite clean. Moreover, the conditioner alone leaves the hair without any scent, so there is nothing to rinse out. The Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect required almost no effort to rinse it out, making is a quick conditioner to apply and rinse out.

I don't like to spend a ton of time or money on my hair, especially now that it is shorter, but I like the results of a good conditioner. The Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect is an amazing conditioner, but one pays for the quality. Given that I have a demonstrable lack of split ends as a result of using this conditioner, it seems like it is worth the price.

The Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect does not make my hair feel heavy when it is still wet, and once dry, the conditioner lives up to its promise of moisturized, healthy-looking hair. As well, this does not dry out my hair, nor does it leave it with any greasy residue. It moisturizes perfectly and actually repairs the hair and protects it in the way its name promises.

That makes the Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect Conditioner a perfect conditioner, even with the higher price tag than I usually spend on hair products.

For other conditioner reviews, please be sure to see what I have to say on:
Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisture Renewal
VO5 Free Me Freesia Conditioner
Suave Naturals Wild Cherry Blossom Conditioner

10/10

For other health and beauty product reviews, please visit my Health And Beauty Review Index Page for an organized listing!

© 2014 W.L. Swarts. May not be reprinted without permission.
| | |

No comments:

Post a Comment